May Morley School was named after Mrs. May Morley, who was a Lincoln Public Schools educator from 1900 to 1946, when she retired.
May Morley School was built in 1960, and opened for students in September 1961.
The school was built to accommodate 280 students; several additions have been added since then to accommodate additional students. Current enrollment is approximately 570 students.
Morley’s “west wing” (accommodating three additional kindergarten classes and a mechanical room) opened in January 2009.